Family History Conference Schedule
Please note: Class locations and topics are subject to change. An updated schedule will be available at the registration desk when you arrive at the conference.
Saturday, November 2, 2013
- Welcome and Introduction of Teachers (Chapel)
9:05am – 9:50am – Keynote Address
- What’s New with Family Search Family Tree? Finding Family Has Never Been Easier (Chapel) – Jim Greene
10:00am – 11:00am
- Furthering Colonial Ancestry Using Medieval & Early Modern Resouces (Relief Society Room) – Denise Mortorff ↓ View Class Description
Furthering your colonial ancestry requires resourcefulness. Move your search forward by knowing the historical context in which you are searching, the knowledge and skills required to conduct research, record types, their availability, & how they their fit with your research needs. ↑ Hide this description.
- FamilySearch A to Z and All Free! (Cultural Hall A) – Jim Greene ↓ View Class DescriptionThis presentation concerns the 5 areas of familysearch.org including the following: Acquisition, Preservation, Conversion andVolunteers, Partnering, and Sharing. Details will include the famous Granite Mountain vaults, indexing, and the new Family Tree developments. ↑ Hide this description.
- German Research (Primary Room) – Kory Meyerink ↓ View Class DescriptionThe purpose of this class is to help patrons overcome the barriers of language, geography, and records. Details will include the vocabulary and handwriting, maps and religion including the development of Prussia and Germany, and major German research websites! ↑ Hide this description.
- Overview of Free Premium Family History Websites Available in the Family History Center (Chapel) – Dr. Perry Hanavan ↓ View Class Description
- FamilySearch A to Z and All Free! (Cultural Hall A) – Jim Greene ↓ View Class Description